March 3, 2019|
Side lunges work your glutes, hips, and thighs. This move opens up tight hips while strengthening the inner thigh and glutes.
To do a side lunge
- Start with your feet shoulder width apart, feet pointed straight.
- Step out to the side with your right leg as far as you can while keeping your left leg straight. Keep both feet on the ground and toes pointed straight forward.
- Make sure you’re sitting down and back, like in a basic squat and your right knee does not extend past your toes
- Push off through your right foot to return to the start to complete one
- Repeat on the other side.
When you have perfected your form, you can add a kettlebell or dumbbell that will add a core toning.
For even more challenge perform side lunge to curtcy. You can perform it without weights or with weight for added challenge.
To do it:
- Step your left leg wide to the left coming into a side lunge
- Push off with your left foot, and cross the left leg behind your right coming into a curtsy, bending both knees.
- Finish 10-12 repetitions on one side and then switch to the other side.